Monday, April 26, 2010

LET THE GREAT WORLD SPIN; A RE-READ

TITLE: LET THE GREAT WORLD SPIN
AUTHOR: COLUM McCANN
Date: 26/04/2010
Grade: 5+
Details: Re-read for bookclub discussion
            Audio Book; 13 Cd's / 15.5 Hours / Various Narrators
Library

Since I read and reviewed this book less then a year ago, I'm not doing so again. The review in question can be found here for those interested.
I do want to say though that this book captivated me at least as much as it did the first time around, and that I can easily see myself going back to it again in the not too distant future.
I should also mention that each section of this audio version of the book is narrated by a different voice, one with an accent and tone that fits the character in question. This lead to me feeling a deeper connection to the characters and more involved in the story with the characters coming alive and their stories becoming more real.

No comments: