Sunday, April 19, 2009

NORWAY TO HIDE


TITLE: NORWAY TO HIDE
AUTHOR: MADDY HUNTER
Pages: 351
Date: 19/04/2009
Grade: 4+
Details: no. 6 Passport to Peril Mystery / Large Print
Library

I know, I shouldn't read mysteries out of order. But I couldn't find any earlier titles in this series in my libraries, and I just wanted to check this series out. So, when I found Norway to Hide in Dublin, I brought it home with me, not realizing this was the sixth and so far the last title in the series.
Anyway, it was the right book to read after the heavy and disturbing read that was CHILD 44. In a complete contrast this book was a light and easy read, at times laugh out loud funny.
Emily Andrews is leading a group of elderly people on a holiday in Scandinavia. Also along is Jackie Thum, who used to be Jack, male and Emily's husband.
When one of the tourists turns up dead, Jackie is the prime suspect, but an airtight alibi saves her. Not long after, a second murder is committed and Emily goes all out trying to find motive and murderer in an, at times hilarious, hunt.
Definitely not a literary masterpiece, this was a great escape from reality.

No comments: