Monday, September 20, 2010

THE SHORT SECOND LIFE OF BREE TANNER

TITLE: THE SHORT SECOND LIFE OF BREE TANNER
AUTHOR: STEPHENIE MEYER
Pages: 178
Date: 20/09/2010
Grade: 3.5
Details: an Eclipse Novella
Library


I suppose we all have our guilty secrets, and Stephenie Meyer's vampire series would appear to be one of mine. I enjoyed reading the four books in the original series. Not so much because of the vampires and other super natural beings, but for the love story. And for that reason, I hadn't planned to read this particular book; I just wasn't that interested in the vampires.
But, the book arrived in the library and I kept on looking at it. And since it is only a small book I decided to give in to my curiosity, brought it home with me and read it, with mixed results.
I find Stephenie Meyer's writing very easy to read. She's quite capable of starting a story and pulling me in. At no point while I was reading this book was I tempted not to finish it, although I did of course already know how it was going to end.
On the other hand, I rediscovered how disinterested I really was in these vampires. While I did enjoy the parts of the story about Bree, Diego and Fred and seeing how Bree slowly figures out what is going on around her, the descriptions of the other vampires and their antics left me cold.
I suppose I'm glad I read the book because now I can stop wondering about it. On the other hand, I can't honestly say I would have missed a lot if I had decided not to read it.


No comments: