Monday, February 16, 2009

A MOST WANTED MAN


TITLE: A MOST WANTED MAN
AUTHOR: JOHN LE CARRE
Pages: 340
Date: 16/02/2009
Grade: 5-
Library

I wish I could remember why I ever stopped reading John Le Carre books. My parents had quite a few of them, and I read those. But it would appear I didn't read another one after I left home. Until now that is, and if my memory is correct, and if this book is any indication, I missed some good books during all those years.
The story in this book is in its essence a very simple one, complicated by a huge cast of players.
A young Russian man, Issa, is smuggled into Hamburg. He claims to be a devout Muslim and has a purpose in Hamburg.
Civil rights lawyer Annabel, takes on Issa's case and in doing so contacts Tommy Brue, a private banker. Annabel and Tommy unite to help Issa, but the secret services of three different countries are also on Issa's case, all of them having different objectives.
Annabel and Tommy are no more than pawns in a game they don't know the rules of; innocents in a world filled with betrayal.

No comments: