Sunday, September 30, 2007

BIRDS OF A FEATHER

TITLE: BIRDS OF A FEATHER
AUTHOR: JACQUELINE WINSPEAR
Pages: 306
Date: 30/09/2007
Grade: 5-
Details: nr. 2 Maisie Dobbs Mystery
Library

This was the 15th book I read during the Cozy Mystery Challenge, and the last one, since the challenge is now over.

Maisie Dobbs is hired by a former acquaintance of her mentor, Maurice, to find his daughter, who has ran away from her father's house.
As Maisie and her assistant, Billy, investigate the not so young woman's disappearance, they discover that her friends are dying, and while one death was ruled a suicide, the other two were definitely murder. It would appear that the missing Charlotte is in grave danger, but from whom, and why?
At the same time, Billy has some problems of his own, and Maisie has to take a close look at her own life; her past, her relationships in the present, and most importantly, her future.
I like these beautifully written books. The mysteries are solid, the past is very well researched and Maisie is a very likable character. I will try to get my hands on part three soon.

With the end of September, comes the end of the Cozy Mystery Challenge. And although I did enjoy reading the books I did, I'll be get to get a bit more variation in my reading again. I guess I'm just not a one genre kind of girl.

No comments: