Monday, March 28, 2011

HAPPY EVER AFTER

TITLE: HAPPY EVER AFTER
AUTHOR: NORA ROBERTS
Pages: 333
Date: 28/03/2010
Grade: 4.5
Details: No. 4 Bride Quartet
Library

I ended my last review stating that I needed something lighter to lift my mood, and so I turned to my tried and tested author for comfort reads, Nora Roberts.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again (and probably not for the last time) I love Nora Roberts' books. Even if I can't quite put my finger on why I would enjoy her books so much. I'm not normally one for romances and I hate predictable books. And Roberts' books invariable are romances and because it's usually clear within the first two chapters or so, who the two characters are who will end up together they are also predictable. Everything for me to dislike therefore.
But, I don't.
In fact, I eat these books. I pick one up and have a hard time putting it down again until I reach the last page.
This book is no exception to that rule. Parker is the last of the four women and life-long friends who run the bridal service Vows to not have wedding plans of her own.
Malcolm is a friend of her brother and the husbands to be of two of her friends and apparently not her type at all. But, looks can be deceiving, and although Parker tries to resist, she can't deny the attraction that exists between them. Of course there are one or two issues to come to terms with, but the ending of the book is exactly what I expected it to be on the first page.
What works for me in these books is Roberts' writing. She manages to drag me into the lives of her characters, she makes me like them, care for them and want them to be happy. She also writes wonderful sexy scenes, which is definitely a big bonus.
I am very happy that Nora Roberts is such a prolific author. I can't get enough of her stories, and with Roberts there is rarely a long wait between two new titles.   

No comments: