Monday, August 31, 2009

DEAD FALL


TITLE: DEAD FALL
AUTHOR: JOAN LOCK
Pages: 332
Date: 31/08/2009
Grade: 4-
Details: no. 5 Detective Inspector Best, Victorian Mystery
Large Print
Library

While Detective Inspector Best and his wife Helen are enjoying a play, a real murder takes place on stage. But, although or maybe because both the stage and the audience are packed, nobody has seen who pulled the trigger.
So, Best and his team throw themselves into the world that is the Victorian theatre, only to find themselves faces with quite a few vague motives, and before long, a second murder.
And when at last they do discover who the murderer is and his motive, they still face a mad dash trying to prevent another murder.
This wasn't a bad mystery and the Victorian setting was quite interesting, but I didn't like how the story would shift from Best interviewing someone to him discussing the same with his wife without a proper break or shift in the story. That in fact confused me several times.
This was of course the first book I read in this series, but I don't think that is what caused my problem with the book.
I won't be hurrying out to find more books in this series, although I probably would read another one should it end up in my hands.

No comments: