Monday, January 12, 2009

BRIDA


TITLE: BRIDA
AUTHOR: PAULO COELHO
Pages: 244
Date: 12/01/2009
Grade: 4
Library

"I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
W. B. Yeats

This is the story of Brida, a young Irish woman looking for her path in life and finding it in witchcraft.
On her journey she has two teachers; a man and a woman representing two different paths towards the same enlightenment. Through them she learns about love, past lives, soul mates and continuing on your path despite fears and doubts.
This book did not touch or inspire me as much as most of Coelho's previous ones did. Maybe because I don't want to believe that enlightenment is compatible with doubt, fear and jealousy.
I strongly feel that this book is somehow connected to The Witch of Portobello, although I can't put my finger on the reason why right now.


No comments: