Sunday, August 12, 2007

DEAD AS A DOORNAIL

TITLE: DEAD AS A DOORNAIL
AUTHOR: CHARLAINE HARRIS
Pages: 295
Date: 12/08/2007
Grade: 4.5
Details: nr. 5 Sookie Stackhouse Paranormal Mystery
Library

I broke my (self-imposed) rules with this book. I usually read my series in order, starting with number one. But in this case, I didn't realize this book was part of a series until I had it home from the library for a few weeks. And since the contents summary was very enticing, I decided to ignore the rules and take a mid-series sample for a change.
And it paid off. I will definitely go back to number one and read this series in order, from scratch.

Sookie Stackhouse is a telepathic and working as a waitress. Her brother, Jason, has recently been infected by a Werepanther and is about to change for the first time, a scary experience for anyone.
But things get worse when somebody starts shooting changelings and Jason is the chief suspect as far as the local changeling population is concerned. Sookie has until the next full moon to prove his innocence, or he won't survive his next change.
But there's more to worry about. Sookie's friend Tara has hooked up with a very dangerous vampire, someone sets fire to Sookie's house, trying to kill her, the local Werewolf population need her assistance in a leadership contest, and Sookie's love-life is getting more complicated by the day.
This book has a lot in common with the Anita Blake series, but as a character I find Sookie fare nicer and more interesting than Anita.

No comments: